Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I see you...


For years I have admired the work of an Air Force photographer named Mike Kaplan.  We were stationed together at Barksdale Air Force Base until he retired and left the area.  I last saw him at his retirement but continued to follow his work as he took a position at the Academy  as a contractor.

I have been excited to run into him again and see more of the work that he is doing.  I was finally able to cross paths with him again last week and even bumped into him on the field at the AFA v BYU football game.

Little did I know that the hunter would be the hunted.  I received the two photos above from Mike today in an email.  Actually, these are the first photos i've had of myself taking pictures.  Now everyone else will have an idea of what I look like before uploading these to the website.

Thanks Mike!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the photos, in the coming weeks I hope to have similar photos posted on the PACAF blog... I am lucky enough to have some gifted NCOs and Airmen who can capture the story or image...and in the interior of Alaska, that's no easy feat.

-Frank