Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Reflections


From time to time I reflect on the events of my life. I wonder how I went from the middle of Illinois to traversing the globe. I wonder how in the world I ever decided rock climbing was something I would love to do. I think about the people I've met and the wonderful times we had. I think about how lucky I am to have such a wonderful family.


On Saturday, May 10, I physically reflected on the engine's nose cone of a B-25 Bomber. With it's roots back to the '40s, the B-25 I was flying in was making an appearance at the 2008 "Defenders of Liberty" airshow at Barksdale Air Force Base. What an incredible experience it was to get a bird's eye perspective of the airshow!


To be honest though, it was extremely hot sitting in the bombardiers station. Surrounded by glass, I felt like an ant under a magnifying glass. I couldn't imagine how cold it would have been up at high altitudes on bombing runs. I definitely have a new respect for anyone who ever ventured up to the nose during combat!


If you look closely at the photo you can vaguely make out my reflection from the nose of the aircraft. Can you see it?

1 comment:

Toni said...

Chris, That picture is so cool...I could see the reflection..Hope all is well..Post more..ok..Love Aunt Toni