Friday, March 21, 2008

Reunited


Three tanks of gas...$150
Sitting in traffic because of flooded roads....years off of my life due to frustration
Driving two days to reunite my mother with her FAVORITE SON (ME).....Priceless

Thats right, the family has gathered back in Illinois for an Easter reunion. Almost 15 years in the military has created large gaps in my mental scapbook. I met my 18 month old niece for the first time today, what an angel! We are all planning to spend time visiting, and most importantly, not having an agenda.

Keep your eyes peeled, I suspect that I will be taking plenty of family photos.....

2 comments:

Nannette said...

Ok, maybe I was guilty of calling my children my favorite when they were growing up, but it was always prefaced by "My favorite oldest son" or "my favorite youngest son" or "my favorite daughter" - I was a politically correct mom!! And I have to say they are all still my favorites! I really appreciate the sacrifice my "favorite oldest" son made to come spend Easter with me - I KNOW driving long distances is one of his most unfavorite things to do - You are right Chris - priceless!! I love you - Mom

Anonymous said...

I was so glad to see you guys and spend a little time with you. The kids are all growing so fast, it just doesn't seem possible that so much time has passed us by. I hope your journey back home will be a safe one, hopefully no more flooded roads, lol. We will see you again in about 162 days. Can't wait. I'll talk to you guys soon. Love always, Angee